This article is about my Top 5 Attitude/Energy killers. It’s the little things that oftentimes end up being the difference in whether you have a successful day or not. You see, everything matters and everything counts. Bottom line, I am hoping you take this article to heart.
- Eating like a pig. Sumo wrestlers, for example eat once a day to maximize fat gain. This in turn wreaks havoc on blood sugar levels, causing mood swings.
- Noshing in your car or at your workstation. This will kill a preprogrammed break in your day. Studies show that taking a regenerative break in your day increases productivity 40%.
- Dehydration/Underconsumption of water. Waking up, most people are 1-10% dehydrated (that equals at least a 10-15% reduction of mental drive, focus and physical strength). Add to that, the lack of water leads to a deficit of creativity, short-term memory, and even arithmetic scores.
- Too much water after 8PM. This is a no-no, particularly if you value your sleep. Drinking a ton of water (to catch up on a water deficit during the day) almost guarantees time spent during the night in the bathroom- time that could be better used, sleeping.
- Lack of Exercise. Cortisol, the primary stress hormone, is very hard to get rid of without exercise. An overabundance of cortisol will generally mean you are cranky and tired. Thankfully, there are two ways to rid yourself of cortisol: Laughter and/or exercise.